Who We are
Valley Verde is a nonprofit organization that helps residents in Santa Clara County grow their own vegetables. Valley Verde has two programs:
- We provide low income families with the knowledge and tools needed to grow and maintain their own organic vegetable gardens at no cost. Learn more.
- We sell gardening services and kits to individuals, organizations and businesses. Proceeds from sales are used to help more low-income families start their own organic vegetable gardens. Order a garden.
We also provide information on how you can create a healthy and prolific vegetable garden on your own. See our gardening guide.
Our vision is a more productive and sustainable community where people can enjoy a healthier lifestyle through daily access to fresh, affordable vegetables.
Valley Verde is dedicated to develop and support programs that improve the health of Santa Clara County residents and empower them with the knowledge and skills to provide locally grown vegetables for their communities . We will accomplish this by:
- Teaching people to become lifelong gardeners by nurturing the culture of gardening, meeting their cultural needs, and raising awareness of health and environmental issues.
- Collaborate with other organizations to improve food system policies and programs
- Creating leadership opportunities, jobs and revitalize low income communities